EMDR, which is also known as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, is an approach used by health practitioners to reduce stress. This kind of therapy is widely popular for treating PTSD and trauma. This kind of treatment has positive results. If you are eager to know all about the Financial District EMDR, then here we will brief you on the treatment and its effect.
What is EMDR?
EMDR therapy is a psychological treatment that utilizes rhythmic left-right (bilateral) activation to assist patients to regain from shock or other traumatic life events. Bilateral stimulation, in combination with a concentration on the painful experience, is considered to lessen the emotional impact of the recollection. It is a treatment provided by professionals.
Benefits of EMDR
There are various benefits associated with EMDR. Some of them are listed below:
- It is a therapy that can help people suffering from depression.
- Further, it is also beneficial in dealing with anxiety issues.
- If you face a panic attack, then you might wanna try EMDR treatment.
- The therapy is also helpful in dealing with addictions.
- Problems like eating disorders can also be treated via EMDR.
How Does EMDR Work?
EMDR treatment takes around 6 to 12 sessions, and it has a total of eight phases which are as follows:
- The first phase is talking about history or the past. The therapist will ask you to put everything on the table including memories or events, which can be painful, and based on that, they will plan the cure.
- The second phase is the preparation, where the health practitioner suggests some ways to deal with stress or anxiety using some mental exercise.
- Next comes the assessment phase, where the therapist will focus on specific memories from phase 1 and help you develop some positive insight about yourself from it.
- Further, 4 to 7 phases revolve around treatment which involves bilateral stimulation, self-help techniques, daily journaling, and much more.
- The last phase is reevaluation, where the therapist will go through your existing psychological condition as well as whether or not the treatments and self-relaxation strategies are effective. They’ll inquire whether any specific memories have surfaced since the last session.
EMDR is one of the effective treatments. So if you feel like this treatment could possibly work for someone you love or adore, then go for it. There are various specialists available in the Financial District that offer EMDR treatment. Before going with one, don’t forget to check out their credentials and reviews.